Manor, the well-known retail chain in Switzerland, offers two distinct types of cards to enhance the customer experience and reward loyalty: the Manor Card and the Manor Credit Card. Understanding the differences between these two cards and how to obtain them is optimal for making informed decisions based on your shopping habits and financial needs. But how do I get a Manor Card? – Let’s delve into it.
The Manor Card: A Loyalty Card
The Manor Card is a loyalty card designed to reward regular customers with points, discounts, and special offers for purchases made at Manor stores.
- Loyalty Points: Earn points on each purchase, redeemable for discounts.
- Exclusive Offers: Access to special promotions and events.
- Newsletter Subscription: Stay updated with the latest Manor news and deals.
How to Get the Manor Card
- Eligibility: Open to all.
- Application Process:
- In-Store: Visit a Manor store and fill out an application form.
- Online: Apply through the Manor website by providing the necessary personal information.
- Card Collection: The card is typically mailed to you or can be collected in-store.
The Credit Card from Manor: Combining Credit with Rewards
The Manor Credit Card is a traditional credit card that offers the benefits of the loyalty program, as well as additional benefits, such as points for every purchase, even outside of the Manor chain. As it allows for purchases both within and outside Manor stores, it provides more flexibility.
- Credit Facility: Use it like any other credit card for various purchases.
- Rewards Program: Earn points and enjoy Manor loyalty benefits.
- Additional Perks: May include cashback, travel insurance, and other typical credit card benefits.
To learn more about the benefits (and disadvantages), you can read our full review of the Manor credit card.
How to Get the Credit Card
- Eligibility: Requires a credit check. Applicants should have a good credit history and may need to meet income requirements.
- Application Process:
- Online: Apply through Manor’s banking partner or designated credit card service.
- In-Store: Some Manor locations may assist with the application.
- Approval and Delivery: Post-approval, the card is sent via mail. Activation is usually required.
Key Differences Between the Manor Card and Credit Card
Purpose and Use
- Manor Card: Primarily a loyalty card for rewards on purchases at Manor.
- Credit Card: A versatile credit card with added benefits of Manor’s loyalty program. Because it is free, it can also be used as a secondary credit card. You can read our article on “How many credit cards is too many?” if that’s a concern of yours.
- Manor Card: No credit facility, only for accumulating loyalty points.
- Credit Card: Offers a line of credit; involves repayments, potential interest, and fees.
Eligibility and Application
- Manor Card: Broad eligibility, simpler application process.
- Credit Card: Requires credit approval, more comprehensive application process.
Maximizing the Benefits
For Manor Card Holders
- Regular Manor Shopping: Use the card for all Manor purchases to accumulate points.
- Special Promotions: Take advantage of exclusive offers and discounts.
For Credit Card Holders
- Broader Usage: Utilize the card for diverse spending, both in Manor and elsewhere.
- Financial Management: Keep track of spending and payments to avoid interest and fees.
How to Get the Manor Card? – Conclusion
In summary, Manor offers two types of cards to its customers in Switzerland – the Manor Card and the Manor Credit Card. The Manor Card is a loyalty card providing points, discounts, and special offers for purchases at Manor stores, while the Credit Card extends these benefits to a broader range of purchases, both within and outside Manor, also offering additional credit card perks.
How do I get a Manor Card? – To obtain the Manor Card, customers can easily apply either in-store or online with no special eligibility requirements. On the other hand, the Credit Card requires a credit check and may have specific income requirements, with applications possible online or in most Manor stores.
Each card serves different purposes: the Manor Card for loyalty rewards at Manor, and the Credit Card for more versatile spending with added benefits. Understanding these differences and their respective application processes is crucial for customers to choose the card that best suits their shopping habits and financial needs.